How to Apply
Applications for 2017 are now closed
Applications for the 2017 summer program are now closed. Applications for the 2018 summer program will be available in November, 2017. If you would like to be notified when applications are available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checklist of items needed to complete your application:
- Personal Statement: Please write a personal statement that demonstrates why you are interested in this internship program. This statement is an opportunity to talk about your interests in your own words and will be an important consideration in selection of candidates.
Your name should appear in the header section of your document. Please save file as LastFI-Statement.
- Resume-Please save file as LastFI-Resume
- Transcript (official or unofficial)-please make sure this is readable. Please save file as LastFI-Transcript
- Current GPA: you will be asked to enter this on the application form
- Academic Experience Form (Click here to download form). Please save file as LastFI-AcadForm
- List of your laboratory skills (unformatted, text only). This will be pasted into an application form text box
- Your faculty advisor's contact information
- 2 letters of recommendation/optional 3rd letter (see instructions below)-Please contact two people who will serve as references for you (you may choose to submit an optional third letter). Have them each submit a letter on your behalf via email, mail, or fax. Faculty and teachers are often the best source, but feel free to ask anyone who can speak to your abilities.
Letters of recommendation should be sent to us by your references via email, postal mail or fax:
Mail: Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, Attn: Internship Program, 975 N Warson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63132